Sunday, February 26, 2012

Think Write


To die will be an awfully big adventure
Fly away, Wendy bird, fly away  
How terrible it is, to be bound in this way
Our choices and our perception define us, limit us
No, I do not agree
I can make it possible, anything possible
What about… No, we’re not going there
God, my head’s such a mess
I was simple enough when I was born
Then, life happened
Halfway through and so much left to do
I have to build a totem pole
The sheer joy of working with your hands
Wet mud, wood shavings, paper
Writing… always writing
Trying to find ways to keep the flame alive
Nothing else matters, nothing else will stop me
You can get used to just about anything
But does it make sense to live this way
When the next big adventure is death

1 comment:

Plain Boring Jane said...

well, it may be the next big adventure...certainly not the only one. so yes, it makes purrfect sense to live that way.